Thor, a ballerina, and a skeleton are having a meeting to discuss an upcoming project. Einstein is making a coffee. The CEO is robin and the CFO is batman. This is normal behavior, at least on Halloween. I argue that this makes your office so much cooler and more productive. Everyone lets their guard down and comes together in silly costume fun. Here are a few ideas to make your office awesome throughout the fall season.
Company Halloween ideas
1. Encourage everyone to wear a costume and if someone doesn’t want to, that’s okay.
2. Promise rewards at the end of the day for best costume.
3. Throw a halloween party at the end of the day.
4. Set up trick or treat through out the office.
5. Play pranks on people, especially people in leadership.
6. Get all the classic props, such as peeled grapes for eye balls.
7. Post photos on your social collaboration tool, like Slack, Yammer or Workplace by Facebook.
8. Invite the employees’ families for the halloween party and trick or treat.
9. Set up a photo booth for staff to take photos together.
10. Provide extra costumes for people who don’t have one, but still want to participate.
Other company fall event ideas
1. Chili cook off with poem or song accompanying the chili.
2. Plan a bad sweater party on or offsite.
3. Use Recognize to vote on the worst sweaters or best Halloween costumes. Give a recognition badge for the top winners.
4. Host a Thanksgiving dinner.
5. Sponsor a white elephant giving party.
6. Volunteer time at a food bank or shelter.
7. Compete with other offices on participation and best outfits.
Having these events isn’t just about having fun, it is about building long lasting relationships and connections. It is about relaxing and being creative, which leads to inspiration and innovations. Try to take advantage of any situation to bring your employees together this fall season.